Are you really a nudist if it's 3 a.m.?

Tomorrow's The Big Day. Funny how up until today I couldn't wait and now I'm thinking, "Oh come on, just one more day to get shit packed!" Ah well. Tonight will be busy with boxes and tape. Again.

And now that I've gone over and over all the wonderfulness that is involved n this move, what really sticks with me is:
Now when I have to wake up at night to go to the bathroom, I won't have to get dressed - head to toe - just in case mom or dad is still up and about, thereby coming more fully awake than I would if all I had to do was roll out of bed and stumble around a bit.

Geez, am I lazy, or what?

2 comments:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Thanks for visiting my blog & linking up. I'll have to do the same.

It's wonderful to experience the freedom you describe here and in your previous post -- and admirable that you're making the transition with the approval of your parents. Some kids run off the day after their 18th birthday; others never leave. So, it looks like you probably did okay for yourself.

Now that I'm a dad, though (I have an 11-year-old), this sort of thing strikes home a little more than it used to. I'd be sad to see my daughter leave, but also wouldn't want to prevent her from all of the amazing experiences the world has to offer either. Hopefully, that event will transpire with the smoothness that you've described here.

Wren said...

Hmm. I won't have to get dressed for that 3 a.m. bathroom trot, or even turn on the light or close the door! What a lark!