All's well

I don't have breast cancer.

Just a cyst, which was gone by the time I had my follow-up appointment with my doctor. Needless to say, I was relieved.

And I zipped over to the nearest coffee shop I could find after leaving the doc's office and quickly quelled the week-long angsty headache that had gripped me, screaming for caffeine. The good thing is, I don't need as much of the damn stuff to wake up now, nor to stay awake, but really I'd have rather just avoided that whole "let's see what happens when we make the caffeine fiend go decaf for a week" experiment.

Between that scare, the lack of caffeine, and the increasingly stressful and uncertain situation at work, I decided I need some time off from school to get my head straight and relax. I was doing pretty good in this class, but leaving everything until the last minute, and I wasn't retaining what I was learning. So I'll be retaking this class when I go back in February. Till then, I'm not even gonna think about it. I'm just gonna relax and see how the work stuff pans out.

And make Snickerdoodles. Lots of 'em.

Happy holidays, all.

2 comments:

Wren said...

I think you made a wise decision. I'm relieved, of course, about the cyst. Damn, that's scary. And I don't envy you the week of going caffeine-free, though cutting down on the stuff can only be healthy.

I'm glad you're taking a rest, m'love. It's not an actual vacation, since you're still working every day, but at least you've cut the stress in about half and you'll be able to do some fun things in your off time. Good for you!

You know I love you, right?

samcandide said...

I went through this exact thing in '04. I am so glad it turned out this way. I know exactly how that feels.

Painless way to quit coffee: 1/2 your usual cup the first day, 1/4 cup second day, couple of swallows the third. After five or six days you're home free!