You have got to be kidding me.

I have a credit card payment due tomorrow.

I attempted to pay it last night by logging into that account, but due to that bank's website being amazingly screwed up, the password field was magically shorter than my password, so that I was unable to log in, and after only two attempts at logging in, was blocked from further attempts (for my credit's safety, of course). Frustrated beyond reason (a normal feeling I come away from that website with) I gave up, wrote myself a big note so I wouldn't forget to try again today, and went to bed.

After trying again today, the password field is still shorter than my password, which is incredibly aggravating because ovbiously it was longer when I originally set up the account, so how, when, and why the available character length was shortened - and why I wasn't informed of this - I have no clue. So after being blocked again, I reset my user name and password (to the minimum required number of characters, just in case) and was finally allowed to log in and make a payment.

And then I encountered the real slap in the face.

The minimum payment - which is all I can afford until I get paid again on Friday - is $15. Now this bank, unlike any other I've ever worked with or even heard of, has a delivery system that could put UPS to shame. If you don't care when in the next week or two your payment goes through, there's no charge. If you want to specify a date beyond the current day, there's not charge either, but the payment won't go through until the business day after the one you specified. Really - it actually says that, that payments go through one day (or more in some cases) after the date you specifically requested it to go through. Makes ya wonder what the point of requesting a specific date is, when it absolutley will not, under any circumstances - even if you pay - go through and be applied to your account on that date.

If you request that they payment go through on the current day (today), there is a $14.98 fee to do so. But it won't go through until the following day (tomorrow). So, to make sure that my $15 payment is made on time, by the deadline date of tomorrow, I had to pay a $14.98 fee to request that it go through today (which it won't, which the site says.)

I just dropped my credit card balance a whopping two cents. And it cost me $29.98 to do it.

I'm envisioning the typical angst-induced cartoon of the guy bent over a desk, fists and face clenched, with a caption along the lines of "Is that all ya got?!? C'mon, I can take it!!!"

I'm so mad I could spit.

3 comments:

Wren said...

Write a check and put it in the mail to them in time to be received by the due date on your account.

OR make the payment by telephone. That's a terrible charge just to have your payment be made on time!

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

You'll laugh about this stuff when you're rich and famous.

Sketch said...

Mum - as soon as the bill arrives, the check will be written, from now on.

Patrick - I might include it in a novel, someday.