New ink!



Ok, so it's not the best shot of it ( I need a better camera!), but here's the latest update on my backpiece. I finally got started on the color, and it was at this session that my tattoo artist cleared up some misunderstandings I'd had about tattoo apprenticeships and practically demanded thsat I apply at a new shop which had just opened up in that town. Or hell - that I apply anywhere really, so long as I got the basic teaching I'd need to become a tattoo artist myself.

I did speak to the owner of that new shop, and right now it's only big enough for one person to tattoo, but she's hoping to expand within the next few months, at which point she would probably be seeking an apprentice. She said she'd keep me updated and let me know when that happens, and promptly added me on Myspace. In the mean time, once this move is finally wrapped up, I'm going to head over to the new shop right here in my own town and speak to that owner (also suggested by my artist) and see if she'll teach me. Word around town is she's slammed with work and desperately needs help, so I may have a very good chance. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

CholE said...

Looks great! I'm lovin' the color.

Rebldomakr said...

Good luck on getting the job sweets!!

Sketch said...

Thank you both! I can't wait to get the rest finished :)