We're purty smart around here!

Sigh.

I've been able to pretty much reign in my anger as of late, but my astonishment at how incrediby stupid people can be just keeps finding new things to be drop-jawed-astonished about.

There is a story running in tomorrow's newspaper about a mysterious explosion in Cameron Park. Since my grandmother lives in Cameron Park, I read the story just to find out if she was in any danger (she's not).

Apparently, a very large "window-shaking" explosion occurred somewhere in Cameron Park recently, but no one knows where it occurred. Several calls were made to report the big boom, with each caller thnking it came from a different area. So far, the exact location has not been determined.

Now, here's what has my jaw in my lap: along with a big, incredibly loud, window-shaking boom, there was a plume of black smoke spotted right after the boom.

Now, while El Dorado County certainly isn't New York or L.A. with probably a bunch of money to throw at local police and fire departments, we do have helicopters here, used on a very regular basis for just such incidents as this.

Why, oh why, did not one of the various police or fire personnel think to get into one of these 'copters, fly over to the big plume of black smoke, and look down?!??

Sigh again.

No comments: