OMGKITTEHS!!!1!

I GOT TO PET BEBBEH KITTEHS THIS MORNING!!!Z!OMG!!11!!!!1!

Ahem. Sorry 'bout that. I'm just in a ridiculously good mood. Fluffy, fuzzy, wriggly kittens - two of them! - being the first thing I run into as I walk into work in the morning is just one of those classic great ways to start the day.

They were Goblin's siblings, a white one with black spots (and two extra toes on each front foot, one big one and one tiny little one between that and the regular toes) and a grey and white one (sort of a like a sylvester cat but with grey instead of black) with the softest fur I've felt on any animal, ever. As in, no living creature could possibly have fur that soft, but this kitten does. It doesn't feel real.

They were so little and hoppity and fuzzy big-eared and cute!

I get Goblin and Black Beauty (a temporary name until Matt meets her and gives her a real one) next Thursday, and although I was anxious before, now I'm practically wiggly myself with excitement. I wish I could take them home now, but the week will go by quickly.

In other news, I'm on the way to being a student again. I've turned in my re-entry essay and application, and now just need to fill out the FAFSA and a few other things before I'm officially re-enrolled. The FAFSA will have a to wait though, as I had to apply for a new PIN and I can't use it until it's confirmed (and I need it for the FAFSA and a few other things).

I have made a rather hard decision regarding school as well. Instead of taking two classes per term, which would have me graduating in about seven months, or taking the traditional two-one-two schedule, which would have me done in about eleven months, I'll only be taking one class per term, and so won't graduate for another fifteen months. I'm not thrilled about this, but with the situation at work as it is (every department is severely understaffed and overworked) and the difficulty level of the classes and the time needed to devote to them in order to maintain As, I simply cannot take on more than that. At least not right now, and not for the forseeable future. So for the sake of my sanity and home life, I'll take longer to graduate, but guarantee that final 4.0 grade-point average, which is much more important.


Besides, I'll be getting two kittens next week, and I simply cannot allow strenous studying, class chats, reports, and power point presentations to interfere overmuch with furball play time. ;)

2 comments:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Got your litter box yet? You're going to need one...

Sketch said...

Yup, got the "Buddha" round litter box, actually, nice and deep and covered, with a little litter-catching ramp up into it. Lucky cats. I want a round bathroom ...