Kittens and Bugs.

Ok, I'm finally back from the land of kittens. It was a long, arduous journey filled with harrowing experiences with kitten fur, tongues, tail and toes. Oh, and the occasional whisker. Dangerous territory, I tell you, but I survived and have photos for recounting the adventure ...

Yeah, ok. So I admit, I have spent the last several days giggling helplessly at kitten antics and just haven't been able to draw myself away from it. But I promised photos, and I have them (including the fantastic argyle sock sweater - idea from CuteOverload.com). So without further ado, here they are:

Kitties!

Day 1, photo 1. As soon as I got home from work Thursday (the day I got the kitties) I immediately went looking for Goblin (orange tabby) and his sister, Sister (black one). I found them curled up together under the edge of the bed, and as Sister blinked sleepily up at me, I snapped the shot. Ok, say it with me now: "D'awwwwwww!!!"

Argyle sock sweater

Ok, here's the argyle sock sweater, as modeled by Goblin. Sister has one too, but she's a little less tolerant of it.

Sock sweater two

A better shot of the sweater.

Goblin!

A proper introduction to Goblin ...

Sister!

And to Sister.

Goblin closeup

Sister closeup

Divider swat

They like to play fight through this metalwork room divider in my bedroom.

Divider swat two

Ok, Goblin likes to play fight through the divider. Sister ignores him till she decides it's time to put him in his place (she's made it clear she's Top Cat), and gives in to the antics.

Goblin yawn

Even sleepy, he wants to play.

And, just cos I have been bowled-over-impressed by the macros setting on my new camera, here are some bugs that Mama Wren and I saw on the El Dorado Trail while walking a few days ago:

Centipede one

Found this cool looking centipede first. It's only about an inch long.

Centipede one again

Experimenting with the macros setting and distance, here's a closer shot.

Centipede two

Another centipede. There was a third one, like this but darker, but that shot didn't turn out so well.

Mosquito Hawk

Mosquito Hawk. Creepy, but cool too and very useful. They really do eat mosquitos, which makes them like super heroes in my book.

Rollie Pollie

And last but not least, a Rollie Pollie (Wood Louse). I love these lil' guys, and remember collecting and playing with them as a wee tyke in Sacramento. I still grin when I see them.

I love my kitties. I love my camera. The combination is heaven.

2 comments:

Wren said...

The sweater idea is just too cute. They're both just lovely wee things, and I know you'll keep loving them even when you have to accept that two kittens plus "nocturnal" make for a lonnnnnng night. Fortunately (unfortunately?) they do grow up and will sometimes allow you to sleep at night.

Love the bug shots, too.

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Great pics. I see mischief in Goblin's eyes. Better keep your eye on that one...