Be vewy vewy qwiet!

Whispering: Come in quick and close the door! Turn out the lights and keep quiet and stay away from the windows - we don't want them to see that I'm not working, do we? I mean, I'm not even doing schoolwork right now; I'm so irresponsible! They'd scold me if they knew.

Shhhh! Quit giggling. They'll hear.

(Not whispering anymore)

Whew. That was close.

So, frazzled brain demanding, I'm taking the time before any work comes back to enjoy just doing nothing right now. Well, you know, except for blogging. I haven't had much time to just do nothing and relax for the past week, ad I feel like snarling. Or something. Ok, it's not that bad; it's more a desperate feeling than snippish, but still. I need time to stop thinking. I need down time between work and school, or in this case, school and work and then school again.

So, in the approximately half hour or so that I have before the first few pages cme back to be built, I'm indulging. I have a (sigh) Starbucks frappucino from the snack machine at hand and aside from blog-stuff, I've greatly enjoyed doing nothing more mentally challenging than watching my googley-eyed goldfish swim around in their tank. It's soothing. It's (relatively) quiet. It's cold, but I grabbed the boy's Pink Floyd hoodie from my car a little bit ago and I'm warming up again.

- Lazy stretch -

I'm not going to think about school today. Not till I'm done with work. I'm not.

(So what exactly has Mexico's economic experience been since the passing of NAFTA 13 years ago?)

Damnit. Screw Mexico (for the moment) and screw NAFTA (for the moment) too. And screw the Lowells in the scenario for the other class (though what happened to Mr Lowell was pretty awful and honestly I'd be siding with Mrs. Lowell on this one)—

No! I won't. And you can't make me.

- Turns and pokes her finger into the water to see if the black googley-eyed goldfish will prove it's adorable dumbness and try to nibble on the finger again -

(Pause)

Stupid goldfish.

1 comment:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Sometimes I think they'll totally do away with colleges and universities in the future. All such places will teach only one course: "Using the Wikipedia." I mean, it's ALL there nowadays, when you think about it. I don't know a damn thing about NAFTA, but I'm sure the Wiki does.