Sticky-note Art Exchange

My previous post, "Pebble Drop, Phase One," garnered some great feedback, along with the idea of a sticky-note drawing project that just sounds like fun. So, I'm going with it.

Here's how it works:

Every week I'll post a quick, very much unfinished and basic sketch on a sticky-note, any anyone and everyone who wishes to can grab it to use in their own creative drawing (by hand or with a computer program, or both) using the sketch as the basis of the drawing, and including it in all its pale-yellow glory somewhere in the drawing. Take a look at my Pebble Drop post to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Once you've finished your masterpeice, e-mail it to me at dragonlaugh[at]comcast[dot]net and I'll post it here for all to see with proper credit and a link to your site.

Or, you can send me a sticky-note sketch to expand upon myself. Just e-mail it to the above address, and once it's done I'll post it and credit (and link) you with the idea.

This promises much fun.

And you don't have to be a fantastic, award-winning artist to participate. I'm not. Just doodle, or sketch, or draw stick figures, or go all out and play with oil paints or computer art programs if that's your thing. Use any style or technique you want, color or black and white, or both. It's just art - fun is what matters.

Come and play, and spread the word!


Here's the official first sticky-note sketch for you to expand upon - make of it what you will:

Sketch 1

4 comments:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

I'm definitely going to do this! Maybe tomorrow, though.

Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said...

shit. I can only draw with software, and I don't have any of my design programs on this PC!! I could TRY doing something by hand, but it would be so bad... Maybe I can classify it as minimalism??

Sketch said...

I'd love it if both of you participated! Lemon- don't worry about "bad" or "good;" it's art, and (hopefully) fun, and that's all tha matters. :) Give it a shot!

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Just went with my gut... What would Charlize Theron look like with a duck head? Maybe this.