Kitty kitty kitty

Talk about perfect timing!

Now that we're moving into a place where we can have a cat, I've been dreaming of kitties, looking at the photos of available cats and kittens on the local animal shelter's website, etc. I've been making lists of what I'd need to get for a kitty, as well as looking up vaccination and spay/neuter ages. Now all I need is the kitty.

And in two months I'll have one! One of my co-workers today asked me if I'd like a kitten. Of course I nodded vigorously and said "Ohmigodyes!" Turns out his cat had kittens just yesterday and none of them have been claimed yet, so I get first pick.

They are all different colors, and I'll get to see photos of them tomorrow. One of them is a little marmelade tabby and I happen to be particularly fond of those, so I'll probably end up with that one. I had a marmalade-siamese mix once - my first-ever cat that was really mine and not just a general family pet - named Merlin. He was a sweetheart, but his farts were deadly.

I made the mistake only once of feeding him some leftover beans.

He wasn't allowed to sleep on my pillow with his butt on my head for damn near a week after that.

Ah, cats. I love them so, and am very happy that I will once again have a feline friend to come home to. *big grin*

Edit: We might actually get two kittens ... Oh, joy! Oh, wonderment!

Edit, again: It's official. We're getting two!

3 comments:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Cool, you get to go litter box shopping! Hey, maybe you'll put in a dual-box system like we did!

Sketch said...

Yeah, not terribly thrilled about the litter box part, but it comes with the territory.

I wish we had room for a system like yours, but the new place just isn't quite that much bigger.

And I am officially getting the orange tabby, and Matt's getting one of the all-black ones. We'll have our own fuzzy halloween decorations all year 'round ;)

Anonymous said...

I have 3.