I love this shit.

Wow.

Working at a newspaper, I have some perks that most people don't. Including being able to "see into the future" with my horoscope, in the future, so to speak - before the genral public does.

I just took a sneak peek at the horoscope for my birthday:

TODAY'S BIRTHDAY (JUNE 24). You're in charge of this life and you prove it this year as you call the big shots. July brings advancement on the job, and your social options widen as well. In August you're aligning yourself with those who have what you want. A move is featured in October. Education is key to raising your financial position in December. Libra and Virgo adore you. Your lucky numbers are: 30, 20, 13, 27 and 44.

Tripp-ee.

My boss graduates (from the same school I'm attending) in August. I am next in line to be boss when he leaves when he lands a new job with his brand-spankin' new degree. Some training prior to his leaving would of course make sense - like maybe a month or so before I'm put in charge???

I want desperately to move to the Petaluma area of California, and although I haven't looked at job postings much since not getting the one I applied for last year, I was just only yesterday thinking that I should take a peek again.

Despite the fact that I'll be graudating later than originally planned, I'm still using my current education efforts - 3.97 gpa (and rising back up to that 4.0, damnit) and professional certificates - to pump up my resume in the hopes of snagging the attention of a possible new employer who might be willing to hire me before I graduate. When I re-enrolled I was signed up for one class per term every term, except, oddly enough, for the last three. Although I figure this is so that my graduation coincides with the official ending of that school year, I have not gotten around to fixing this, and just decided - again, only yesterday - to go with it and see how things pan out. It would have me graduating at the end of June of next year, instead of sometime in November or December of next year, which is considerably better IMHO. Right around December of this year, I'll be at the six-months-left mark if I do that, which is supposedly when employers decide that hiring someone who hasn't yet graduated will pay off, because if they're only six months from graudation, obviously they're gonna stick it out and get that degree rather that suddenly dropping out because they decide it's just not what they want.

Oh, pleaseohpleaseohplease. I am so ready to move on and out with a better job in a place that I love, where I can finally settle.

Heh. This kinda thing makes me wide-eyed and big-grinned. I love weird stuff like this.

No comments: