I got the blues

Imagine a scratchy, smoky, New Orleans-style blues song in the background of this post, not just for ambiance, but because, well, the blues - real blues - rock.

My blues today stem from money - which is nothing terribly imdividual, I know, but I feel like talkin' about it, so here I am. Actually, to make it a bit more fun than just your average "I'm broke so life sucks" rant, I'll attempt to put it into verse like a scratchy blues song. I'll ask your forgiveness in advance for botching such a great musical style...

"Well my momma, you know she told me
'Girl you better learn to budget, now,
Or you'll end up cold and broke and on the street.'
YEAAAAAAHHHH, momma she told me,
To budget or I'd end up OOOOONNNNN the streeeeet.
Cold and so hungry oooonn the streeeeet.

So I took that advice and I budgeted,
And I'm still so damn broke I can't put new shoes on my feeeeeeeeeeet.

Paid all of those things that you gotta pay,
And I'm still so damn broke I can't put new shoooooeees on my feeeet.

My baby's car went and broke down,
Won't start and it's leakin' something green,
And it's cold and it's lonely and broke down,
Sittin' out oooonnn the street.
Then my lizard he went and got sick, now,
Got strange patches of something,
From his hips and his shoulders right on down to his feet.
Got STRAAAANGE little patches of sooomething,
All down his legs to his strange little feeeeeet.

But I took that advice and I budgeted,
So the car, it's still cold and that lizard's still got his sick feeeeeeeet.

I paid all of those things that you gotta pay,
And I'm so damn broke now,
Don't know HOW I'm gonna fix thooose little feeeeeet.

Well my momma, you know she told me
'Girl you better learn to budget, now,
Or you'll end up cold and broke and on the street.'
YEAAAAAAHHHH, momma she told me,
To budget or I'd end up OOOOONNNNN the streeeeet.
Well I budgeted and I paid and then,
Damn car broke down and the lizard GOOOTTT sick feeeet.

Don't know what I'll do with that car and those STRANGE little feeeet."



Ahem. You can stop laughing now. I think I'll call it "The Lizard's Toes Blues."

And now I want Jambalaya.

2 comments:

Wren said...

It's always something, isn't it. I feel your pain.

You might try cutting the grapes out of Harry's diet. Maybe that's just too much sugar for one small Chinese Water Dragon?

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Poor Harry. I'm sure he'll recover. Hopefully, he's not in any pain.