Any HTML gurus out there?

I'm asking this in desperation. I keep seeing wonderful banners across the top of people's blogs instead of the simple tex blog name and description, and well, not to sound like a petulant child, but, I want one!

I've come up with several banners - though with the color change I'll have to come up with a new one again - but for the life of me I can't figure out how to tweak Blogger's HTML code to get the damn thing in there. I know now how to get images posted, but it's not that easyof course - I can't seem to override the text and borders, so I end up with a cropped off image (despite my careful sizing) with "When Dragons Laugh ... blah blah blah" over the image.

*Sniff*

Help me. Please. Anyone? I'll draw you a pretty picture ...

2 comments:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

I can help you with it... Log in, highlight and copy your template text, then paste it into a text file. Email that file to me at patrick.hillman [at] gmail.com. I'll take a look and see if the answer jumps out at me... Got it working on your mom's site easy enough. You'll need to have your banner graphic accessible via the web somewhere.

Sketch said...

Very cool! Thank you- I'll get to working on a new banner to go with the new colors today :)

Oh- and is there actually a period between patrick and hillman, or is that just to fool those e-mail searching programs, like the [at]?