I'm in!!!

I went to work early this morning, because when I'm anxious about something I have a tendency to schedule everything so that I end up waiting for whatever it is I'm anxious about. However, I didn't expect to wait as long as I did. My college advisor said she would call me at 8 a.m. at work to let me know if I was accepted at CTU or not. So, at 7:30 I walked into work, sat down, and tried not to count the minutes till 8 (I think I looked at the clock about every four or five minutes anyway, though).

At ten minutes to 9, she called. And I have been accepted and am scheduled to start classes on July 8!

Right now I am feeling a mix of terrible excitement (I hopped up and ran outside to call Mama Wren when I got the news, and had to leave a message - Mom, answer the damn phone!) and a curious lack of anything. Which I think is the result of so much nervous excitement suddenly gone. Like the light, airy, detatched feeling you sometimes get after an unexpected and notexactly welcome adrenaline rush. I want to jump up and down and giggle. I want to just go out and sit quietly in the shade and think about nothing much at all.

It's an odd mixture of feelings, but I'm sure that any minute now it will hit home: I am a college student again. I have to buckle down and study and be responsible n' stuff. I can do it, I know I can, but it's a wee little bit intimidating anyway. In a good way though.

Now all that's left is to look into financial aid (and CTU has access to some pretty good financial aid, from all I've heard and read) and get a computer. By the way, CTU has a deal with Dell, so that students of CTU get discounts on Dell computers. Sweet.

So, wow. This is really happening. By fall of next year I'll have my Bachlor's degree. Possibly even before that I'll have enough informatyion to get the ball rolling on a business selling my artwork in the form of not only framed drawings, but as tattoo designs and custom-decorated clothing and purses, etc. Check out the purse that I bought a few weeks ago and drew on with Sharpies:

Demon Purse

The purse was twelve bucks at Walmart. Now I could sell it for quite a bit more — at least twice that to start out until I get a name for myself, and from there on ... who knows?

I'm going to find out soon enough.

(And yes, the grin is bigger now.)

4 comments:

Wren said...

WoooHOOOO! I am SO proud of you, wee fledge! This is exactly the right thing for you, and I believe it will make a huge difference to your future success. You have such great talent, such incredible creativity! Did I mention how proud I am of you???

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Congrats! I told you you'd be accepted!!! BTW, awesome drawing. You should show more artwork on your site.

Sketch said...

Thank you both! I'm so excited!

Patrick: There will be more artwork in the future, for sure :)

Anonymous said...

What you did that with markers?! Crap I am talentless.

Great job by the way.