Itching for ink

Viper Tat

This is the horned viper on my left arm. It's been over a year since I had the outline done, and I still haven't gotten it colored in. I really, really want to get it colored in. As in, I can't stop thinking about it and trying to figure out when I could possibly afford to have it done.

Part of the problem is that my tattoo artist works in another town, which is about an hour-and-a-half of driving ... on a good day (so usually more like two hours, with city traffic.) I've been checking out closer artists, but until I actually sit down and have someone else ink me, I'll be leery, because being an artist myself I'm extremely picky. I want someone who (like my current artist) can and will tattoo exactly what I draw, as I've drawn it, right down to the tiniest, seemingly inconsequential squiggle.

But going to my artist requires a hefty purchase of gas as well as the tattoo itself, and then food and drink of some sort(because when I do go to him, I set up an appointment for as long as I can afford since I don't know when I'll be back), so I really want to find someone closer, at least for the majority of my tats in the future (I'll still go to my current guy for the big/complicated stuff.)

I also want tattoo money, because I don't have any at the moment (nothing new there, really) and now need to save up for a new bed. Maybe I'll put a jar on my desk and label it "Tattoo Money" and offer to take evryone's unwanted pennies ...

You know, mom, I am turning another year older in eleven days ... ;)

2 comments:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Hey, how about instead of paying someone, you go and buy your own tatoo gear and ink yourself?! Man, that would be pretty hard core. (Of course, if you screw up...)

Sketch said...

Oh, how I wish!!!

I would love to be a tattoo artist someday, but the equipment and inks alone are more expensive than having it done by someone else. And if I do try it myself I actually have to know what I'm doing, and I don't. Nevermind the fact that I tattooed myself with a disposable insulin syringe and india ink in my down time my first time through college. Twice ... Getting it all correct and safely done would require an apprenticeship. (The syringe was clean and came in an unopened plastic package from my diabetic roomate. The ink, however, is probably older than I am ...)

But, someday I'll be inkin' fer real ...