Sweet!

What with my last blog about my snake tattoo and how much I've blathered on about it to anyone who'll listen, the boy decided to suprise me today. My birthday is next Sunday (24th) and he and I have been trying to figure out what to do to celebrate. I'll be taking that day off from work, and the boy will be taking both Saturday and Sunday, so that we can do something together (camping, gambling at the nickel slots in Tahoe, something, ya know?)

Today we had a late lunch at Quizno's on Main Street (we had breakfast with Mama, Papa and Grandma Wren.) Quiznos happens to be conveniently located right next door to Starbucks, which in turn is located right next to one of the local tattoo parlors with the only local artist I know and trust so far, having had some work done by him before. So, being the ever-optimist that I am, I strolled over to the parlor after eating just to get a price on coloring the snake on my arm (see post below.) You know - just so I could kinda-sorta start to possibly-maybe plan on saving up for it.

My artist there - his name is John - quoted me "about $300," which is much better than what I had anticipated. I was expecting somewheer around $500 or so (it's a big tat), so my expectations on when I could possibly have it done suddenly got better. A lot better.

Then the boy suprised me. He asked John if he had any openings for the 24th. I probably looked like one of those Greater Drool-Lipped Dipshits I ranted about a week or so ago with my mouth hanging open and a dumbfounded look on my face. I have often asked for tattoo money for birthday and christmas presents, but never had anyone take me seriously on it, so I sort of stopped expecting anyone to.

Well, I have an appointment for 10 a.m.on Saturday the 23rd (the parlor is closed on Sundays) and am hoping to get most, if not all, of the snake colored. The boy can't pay for the whole thing, so I'll be dishing out some cash as well, but that's fine with me. I had always only asked for money toward a tattoo as a present, never for someone to flat-out pay for the whole thing; that would be too much. But this means I'll have to come up with less cash myself, and with what I have left over from this paycheck and the fact that I get paid again on the 22nd, I've got it covered. And I don't have to feel guilty about having it done now because I have help paying for it.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled!

So I dug up the outline for the snake (which is on tracing paper) and ran over to work to make a few copies of it onto white paper so that I can get to playing with colors ... And now, my friends, I'm going to do just that.


P.S.- Yes, I will post pictures of it once it's finally colored in.

No comments: