Not bad. Not bad at all.

Today has been a good day so far. I mananged to find three skirts and one t-shirt for about $20, and I was really only browsing with the distant hope of possibly finding one somewhat decently priced article of clothing, if anything. So, cool. Once home I got a call back from my student advisor and got everything set up for my new school schedule - also cool. What's even better is the details of that schedule, and what they mean for me.

Instead of going part time (one class per term), I'm switching to the college's "traditional model" schedule, so that I'll be taking one class next term, then two the following, then back to one, then two and so on. So I'll still have every other term of very little down time, but between those terms I'll be able to relax and take things easier. And, in the end, I'll only be graduating a grand total of three months later than I would if I kept two classes per term, which is considerably better than the prospect of another year or so that I would have had to wait if I had only one class each term by going part time. That's a pretty damn good compromise, and what's even better is that in changing my schedule I'm changing the amount of credits I'll be getting in the first school year from 50 to 36, which lowers the tuition for that year, and therefore the amount leftover after my finacnial aid (which I do not have to reapply for, thankfully) doesn't cover for this year. Abso-freaking-luetly cool thing about that: before the change I had about $4,350 not covered for this school year, giving me monthly payment of about $365, and I've made the first monthly payment already. With the new schedule, there is only about $100 not covered by financial aid, so with the one monthly payment I've already made, I'm already covered for this year and a bit ahead for next year.

Very. Freaking. Cool.

Oh, and as of today I have a B+ average in one class (and rising!) and an A average (all A's!!!) in the other (for which my most recent assignment has not yet been graded, but I'mconfident of another A ...) So, despite not havign a whole lot of down time (well, enough for a browse through the clothing section on our errend runs, at least) I'm still doing damned good. Better than I've ever done, actually. Well, except for my first term in college goign for my associate's, but that only lasted one term and then my grades dropped because the school sucked, so I'm confident I can do much, much better overall here.

I'm just a wee lil' bit proud of myself, so the three skirts and one shirts is like a congratulatory gift to myself. Which reminds me - the boy suprised me a couple days ago by calling me at work and asking me if I could come over to the shop for a few minutes (he works right across the street from me). I did, and he handed me the new Bjork album, Volta, as a congrats on doing so well and working so hard on school stuff. Made my day.

I love that man.

Life's good. Go out and live it. :)

No comments: