It's Cute Time!

Adonis

Meet Adonis, one of the newest Chinese Crested puppies at Unicorn Chinese Cresteds, a Chinese Crested (hairless and powderpuff) breeder in Florida. Almost too cute, yes? This is the breeder I will eventually get a hairless crested pup from. Someday. When I've gone on to a much, much better and better-paying job with my Bachelors and Masters degrees.

I don't know what it is about those so-damn-ugly-but-so-damn-cute dogs, but I just love Hairless Chinese Cresteds. They have great personalities as well as looks, from all that I've read (and my love of these dogs borders on obsession, so I've read a lot). I fell in love with the breed at first sight, and cannot wait to have one (or two) of my own.

I can't get one right now because A) my apartment complex doesn't allow dogs, no matter how small, and B) even if it did allow them, the place is way too small for a dog, even a tiny lil' Chinese Crested. I'd feel bad about having one where I live now. Oh, and C)- college takes up pretty much all the time that I'm not at work instead, so even if I livd in a huge house, with a huge back yard, I still couldn't bring myself to get one because I'd have no time for it.

But, someday I will. Once I go back to the accelerated schedule, I'll graduate with my Bachelors degree in November of next year. I'll have my Masters degree in February of 2010. By the time I have my Masters degree, I'll have already gotten a better job than I have now with the Bachelors, and consequently moved to a bigger, better living space, so that when school is all done, I'll be in a place and position to take in a puppy or two (probably two) and have the time to spend with them properly. It's a longer wait than I'd really like (I want a pup now, of course), but it will be best in the end not just for me but for the pup as well, and that's important.

So, a pup or two will be my "Hey, I finally got my Masters degree!" gift to myself. It's the wonderful, cute, playfull, nude icing on the cake, so to speak.

With the pup (or two) I'll also want a kitten (or two). Actually, it would probably be best to get one of each, rather than two of each - four little fuzzy things might be a bit more than I can handle. The kind of cat I want to get is a Scottish Fold. You know - those round, fuzzy, little cats with the folded over ears? Too cute. I must have one. I'd always been enamored of them, but then a video of two Scottish fold kittens playing and waddling around was posted on my favorite site, cuteoverload.com, and that was it. I was hooked. (That site is evil, I tell you. Evil! Go check it out; you'll like it ...)

So those are my graduation gifts to myself, in the spring of 2010; a Chinese Crested and a Scottish Fold. I wish it was 2010 now ...

If you get a chance, check out the Unicorn Chinese Cresteds website- it's very well put together website with tons of info on the breed as well as good info on breeders, what to watch for when buying animals from breeders, etc. Oh, and serisouly cute photos. Gotta check out those photos. Go, now, and enjoy!

I am off to do work-type stuff (yay), so you'll have to do the "ohmygodcutepuppies!"-drooling for me, k? K.

5 comments:

Wren said...

OK, I'm obviously gonna have to learn how to knit, or your poor future dog will freeze to death. I'll make little doggy sweaters and booties. Maybe tail warmers, too. How about teal? Or ... apple green? Just let me know.

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

I agree w/ Wren. That could be one cold (but cool looking) pooch. Can't help but smile, though, looking at the little thing.

Sketch said...

Apple green, definately. Teal can be used for a scarf. Or maybe magenta.

Seafoam Cresteds said...

My cresteds enjoy wearing PJ's and t-shirts in the colder months.

You'll have to name yours 'the wait is Over' or 'worth the wait' or something similar.

Good luck.

Unknown said...

Please contact me concerning Judy Council at woodlawn4757@comcast.net