What would my mother think?

Chest Tattoo

Yes, mom. I did just post a picture of my chest on the internet. Do you still love me?

This post is to show my dragon chest tattoo better than it appears in the "new Hair" post of a couple weeks ago. I drew the tat myself, and specified that it be done in light greys as it appears, so that it almost looks like a pencil drawing (my preferred medium).

This tattoo has brought me endless entertainment, simply because of its location. I can't tell you the number of times I'd be standing in line at the store or Starbucks and see someone trying to look at the tattoo without being noticed becuase they don't want to be accused of staring at my cleavage. The looking is usually done in sly, nervous, sideways glances and when the looker notices that I've noticed them looking, they get red-faced and stammer and look away, mumbling quickly something along the lines of "that's a beautiful tattoo." I just grin and say thanks.

Once, across a crowded deli, a cashier did a double-take, stared hard, then cracked up laughing. At my amused but confused look, she explained, "that's a great tattoo, but from here it looked like you had hair on your chest." Not quite the effect I was going for, but hey - it made for a good chuckle.

I'd post a pic of the one on my butt, but ... Kidding. I don't have one there.

Yet.

4 comments:

Wren said...

Mother hopes merely that you still love your dragon cleavage tat -- and all the others -- as much when you're 51 and starting to sag a bit as you do now. As you know, I've always loved your art, your imagination and your talent, and I hope you'll never, never stop finding ways to express them. *smooch*

Sketch said...

Mom, you rock. :)

Natalie Ford said...

Thank you so much for posting that. I adore dragons and pencil is my medium as well!

Anonymous said...

*snickersnort* This dragon is laughing. Some people need to learn how to grow a pair. If I was caught taking a peek at that, I'd say something along the lines of "That's nice. ... oh, the tattoo's cool, too."

- because I can