I love him



Once again, the boy made dinner. Since I have school from the time I get home from work till I go to bed, I rarely get the time to cook anything myself, or even to quickly toss together a salad or sandwich. So, the boy has been making dinner a good 95% of the time. Without complaint.

Yes, that's right ladies - without complaint. And - although it has taken a reasonable amount of loving nagging on my part - this is what he makes now, instead of mac n' cheese with hamburger, or pizza. And you see that pile of green things? Green beans. Of his own free will, without me saying a word about how we really need to eat healthier, so let's eat some veggies too with our chunk of cow. And - he ate some of them himself.

I love this man. He cooks, he cleans, he turns the TV really low or wears headphones so he doesn't disturb me while I'm doing school work. Even when he's watching football! Yes, he does give in to the occasional outburst of "whooohoooooo!" or "No! Nonononono! RUN! Run, fucker!!! Nooooooo!!!" when the Falcons are playing, but he generally blushes and grins and apologizes when I stick my head out of the room to see what the fuss is. Not that I get upset at such outbursts - I just find it amusing that he gets so into it. This, from the man who'll cook me a deeeelicious steak, baked potato, green beans with no nagging, and toast, and quietly bring it in to me at the computer with a kiss and the understanding that I'll probably not even eat everything he's given me because I'll be eating slowly - a bite here, a slurp there - and will feel full before I'm even halfway through the plate of food.

And he never complains that I spend all my home-time locked in the bedroom at the computer, away from him. He doesn't get upset when I have to work on school stuff all day Friday - our one day off together. He just encourages me, and tells me he's proud of me.

I love this man.

2 comments:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

I think I love him too. That meal looks damn good!

Sketch said...

Oh it was good, even though I didn't finish it. It made good leftovers.